Feeling overwhelmed by choice? Not sure what path to take or what actions to focus on? Try this simple ‘Choose Your Choices’ activity to take the pressure off within minutes.
- Grab some scrap paper and a pen
- Tear the paper up into note-size pieces
- Write down the specific things you need to make a choice about, using one scrap note per item – for example, if you are trying to decide on where to go on holidays, you might write down a different city name on each piece of paper
- Fold up each piece of paper and throw it into a hat or a bowl
- Have a friend pull out one piece (or as many pieces as you need to make your decisions) or do it yourself with your eyes closed
- Done. Decision(s) made. Get on with your life!